Saturday, September 13, 2014

Long awaited street style post

I'm not quite sure when or why I started to really pay attention to Street style but, whatever the reason I'm glad I did. Not only have I been wanting to document my own style but I've been wanting to document others. And with out further or do, I've got the chance.... to do one at least.

From overtly furnished trousers to little to no direction with minimal color sweatshirts, to mixed printed suit and ties, NY streets is where you will see just that. Without any inquisition, or thinking to hard you start getting used to it. But this isn't about everyday street fashion in NY oh no no no. This , THIS (needed more emphasis) is about New York Fashion Week.. "Hey dufus! ,isn't that the same thing?!" hm.. Not really ,see during NYFW people from around the world (including NY) attend different fashion shows around the city,(or wherever the tents are) and pretty much "dress to impress",or how many put it(I'm lying no one says this but)-"dress for the camera".
Why do I like this you ask? Well it's a chance to see other peoples view point regarding clothes. What pieces they'll put together. As well as how they do their hair(OMG THE HAIR). It's one big fashion show , except it's on the streets. So from the past week I've seen a lot that of these Street Style images that I like,and a lot that I love. Not all is going to be featured here, but here are some that just caught my eye...



.....oh! and theirs too!
Photo from wwd.com
                                                           
  
Photo: Style.com

Photo wwd.com


Photo from wwd.com

Photo from wwd.com

 Denim,denim, denim *Mario bros. theme plays in my head*
Photo via wwd.com

 Beckerman sisters. Photo from wwd.com

Photo: wwd.com

Photo: wwd.com

Photo: Style.com


Although some may argue that NY fashion isn't the same anymore(my dad), I'd have to say maybe so. Yet ,something in my bones is telling me something bigs a stirrin' and in the next few years NY will be back to it's old self,kind of. But for now, continue expressing your style, continue finding your style, and continue to dress up to go to....,well you're in NY ta' hell with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment